Objectives of the research area are:
- To develop eDNA techniques and applications for the implementation of eDNA in environmental monitoring
- To improve the eDNA techniques of nucleotide extractions and amplifications from environmental samples, bioinformatics analyses and available nucleotide databases.
- Use eDNA to increase understanding of interactions and biodiversity and interactions among communities of all ecosystems. Presently we are focusing on
- Communities of microorganisms and invertebrates in soil , rhizosphere and drilosphere
- Marine invertebrates
- Arctic microbial communities
- Microbes in air